Re: [dev] [surf] Webkit2 with proxy server

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 16:15:10 +0100

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 16:02:39 +0100
Sylvain BERTRAND <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Sylvain,

> Because, people at google screwe* us: they made gcc c++. It's means
> that the reasonable starting point of any modern distros is a c++
> compiler and runtime! In order to compile linux and many critical
> applications (like for those who want a modern www renderer).
>
> A side effect: it's making any C compiler kind of useless for lambda
> end-user needs. (You must have a c++ compiler to compile a modern c++
> compiler not a C compiler).

I'd much rather like to see gcc being written in C instead of C++. As
with any GNU project, the codebase is a big mess and the developers
drank the C++-cool-aid instead of fixing things.
Most people don't know how to design proper data structures, so they
end up "loving" templates and overloaded operators in C++ because it
seems like an "elegant" approach to their faulty idea of data
structures.

However, we still have bootstrapping, so gcc might as well be written in
Brainfuck. As long as you can bootstrap it, everything is alright.

Cheers

Laslo

--
Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>