Re: [dev] [announce] ff2sixel: view farbfeld images in terminal

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:39:15 +0100

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 02:57:20 +0300
Alexander Krotov <ilabdsf_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Alexander,

> I have crafted a program to convert farbfeld images to sixels:
> https://github.com/ilabdsf/ff2sixel

this is very cool! Sixels are definitely an interesting concept to view
images over an SSH-connection.

> Too bad st does not have a patch to display sixels, so I am going
> to use mlterm when I need to browse images. One simple way to
> implement it in st is to cut out sixel images, convert them back
> to farbfeld (with separate process) and pass result to lel. Not
> going to do it now, just an idea.

There were discussions on sixel support in st, and I think even some
code written for it. Can anybody give a status update on that one?

With best regards

Laslo

--
Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>