Re: [dev] [announce] ff2sixel: view farbfeld images in terminal

From: Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:31:31 -0700

Hi Alexander,

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 5:01 PM, Alexander Krotov <ilabdsf_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In my case I have a remote system with lots of data that I want to
> explore interactively without copying it to my local machine. While
> I can display numerical figures in my terminal, I can't display
> plots. It is a limitation of terminal that I worked around with
> sixels.

Just a suggestion. Have you considered generating HTML index pages and using thttpd and dillo? You could use ssh to create a tunnel for a local socket, to give it the same type of security layer. That way you don't have to have an additional port open to the public. I have done this exact thing for remote data with plots. Maybe it could work for you.

Cheers,

Ben