[dev] surf+tabbed and session management

From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <enrico.weigelt_AT_gr13.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:16:45 +0200

Hi folks,

I'm currently looking for a clean way to implement an session management
similar to what we already on chrome + onetab. Basicly two main goals:

a) when restarted it should open up all tabs (and windows) just like
   they were before the last termination.
b) allow stashing away tabs, so they can be picked up again later

Maybe that all could be combined w/ bookmarks: having some bookmark
storage (or -server), and split up these things via separate
directories. The sessions would just be subdirectories within the
big bookmark tree, and the session restart logic would just start
up individual surf and tabbed instances based on that data.
On the other side, surf could be extended to update it's status
within its given session ID.

Similar things could be done w/ history. Maybe we could write a small
daemon (eg via 9P) which does the bookkeeping, and surf just talks
to the socket/path given via command line.

--mtx