Re: [dev] [question] gobo linux filesystem hierarchy

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 15:03:36 +0000

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 02:23:54PM +0200, Kajetan Jasztal wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> What do you think can be the downsides of filesystem hierarchy of
> Gobo Linux[0]? STALI[1] was attempting to modify default hierarchy
> after all. I personaly think it's clear, evident (only problem I have
> is hiding symlinks in /) and elegant. It's in a way compatible with
> Unixes by symlinking. I guess it's not that good after all, but
> I can't see what can be the problem here.

Same issue than alpine linux: that libgcc_s which is mandatory once you
use thread cancellation with glibc...

But the idea to have an explicit index based on the file system instead of a
obscure index in a package manager, is a bit like the "clear and simple
text data" point from the unix philosophy for interop.

--
Sylvain