Re: [dev] [question] gobo linux filesystem hierarchy

From: Rendov Norra <tsobf242_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 17:15:30 -0400

I use a modified version of the Gobo hierarchy (pretty much just
keeping programs in /Programs and symlinking them to root), and I
think it's a definite improvement on using a package manager or
installing to root. It's stupid simple to set up, the shell script I
use to symlinking everything is ~20 lines.

The only issue is when some programs don't play nice with symlinks. I
believe mdocml's man throws a fit. But other than that, I like it.