[dev] [ANN] samurai: ninja-compatible build tool

From: Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 22:32:51 -0700

Hi all,

Over the past couple weeks, I implemented a ninja-compatible build
tool in C. It is much simpler and smaller than ninja and seems to
perform at least as well.

https://github.com/michaelforney/samurai

It has all the features I care about, apart from gcc -MD header
dependency parsing which is planned. I replaced ninja with samurai in
oasis to remove the C++ dependency.

Even if you don't care for ninja, it does seem to be gaining
popularity, and I've noticed several projects start switching from
autotools to meson (which outputs ninja), so I thought it would be
good to have a small C implementation. It was also a fun project.