Re: [dev] [dwm] Opening some URLs in a web browser crashes dwm

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 19:57:12 +0200

Hi Milan,

On 6 August 2017 at 16:38, Milán Csaba Kecskés <milan.kecskes_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I've experienced the bug mentioned in the title. No matter which
> browsper - tried with Chromium 60, Firefox 54, Midori, Epiphany,
> QupZilla, even Dillo, but all of the browsers crash dwm when opening
> these links in them (disabling javascript does not help):
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldanarchists/comments/6rvdn9/nice_grain/
> https://twitter.com/hurlarious/status/889213344749559808/photo/1

I cannot reproduce your crash, opening those url's in my setup
(suckbuntu) works fine. I'm using current head and tried to match your
browser versions without any real problem.

Only difference to vanilla config.h is my font configuration:

static const char *fonts[] = { "Inconsolata:size=16" };
static const char dmenufont[] = "Inconsolata:size=16";

Can you please provide the exact git hash and the font configuration
of config.h as well?

> I use Arch Linux. Only dwm is affected, the links open with no problem
> under i3. I've tried with the dwm package from the Arch repo (which
> was built using the unmodified config.h I guess), cloning the git repo
> and compiling myself with the vanilla config, but nothing changes: the
> result is a crash when opening these links.

Well, does the i3 font setup matches your config.h font setting of
dwm? Or are they different?

Thanks,
Anselm