[dev] Opinions on GNU stow

From: fao_ <finnoleary_AT_inventati.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 23:39:05 +0000

Basically what the title asks: what is suckless' general opinion
of GNU Stow. To clarify: I am not asking about the language or
tools that make up GNU stow (It is obviously not Suckless).

Rather, I am asking your opinions on the general concept and
how it has been implemented. Specifically, the idea of installing
under a 'package' directory, and symlinking from there to the
proper install location. But anything about the general behavior
of it that you think especially sucky would help, also.

An additional question (if you dislike it) is, what alternative ways
of managing packages can you recommend, what package managers do
you consider *most* suckless so far in how they act? (Ignoring slpm).

Thank you for your time.

--
- fao_
PGP fingerprint: 739B 6C5C 3DE1 33FA