Re: [dev] Writing subtitles for videos

From: Thomas Levine <__AT_thomaslevine.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:44:23 +0000

As Felix pointed out (and I had not previously realized), the subtitles
depend mostly on the audio, and the video can largely be ignored.
I thus think it has relatively little to do with blind.

I had looked at mpv and came upon the annoyingly close but still
unhelpful watch-later feature. I considered whether it was possible to
implementing my proposal with just edits to input.conf and whether it
was worth using libmpv, but had not considered lua scripts. A Lua script
indeed looks promising.
https://gist.github.com/Hakkin/5489e511bd6c8068a0fc09304c9c5a82
https://github.com/thebombzen/scripts/blob/master/src/markchapter.lua

It still seems a bit messy, (Perhaps a scripting language could be
avoided entirely if the mpv configuration were written in C.) but this
will probably satisfy me for now.