Re: [dev] suckless.org TLS / HTTPS support

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:38:22 +0200

On 31 August 2017 at 21:10, ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org> wrote:
> hiro:
>>
>> this is not about just whether something has TLS support, this is about
>> giving the user choices.
>

> If you can't speak TLS, then use gopher instead of HTTP. I hear HTTPS sucks,
> too.

Come on, isn't this a contradiction to your always redirect approach?
gopher is almost dead and doesn't provide any advantage over HTTP in
terms of MIM prevention.

I agree with hiro to let the user decide if he sticks to http or
https, but that we shouldn't mandate https.

This whole discussion is really a waste of time. Now, HTTPS is there
to satisfy some packagaer as an option to choose from. Kudos go to
Hiltjo for this. Whoever wants to stick with http, shall stick to it.

We don't want to break a running system.

BR,
Anselm