Re: [dev] [st] Emojis

From: S. Gilles <sgilles_AT_math.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:37:44 -0400

On 2017-09-17T14:16:15+0000, Janne Heß wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just wanted to ask if anyone has managed to properly display emojis in st.
> I know this is potentially sucky feature, but I read my mail in mutt and
> some companies think it's a good idea to put emojis into their subjects.
> Currently, it looks like the emojis consisting of 2 characters escape
> the character grid. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a
> not-implemented feature.
>
> Is there anybody here who has experience with displaying such characters
> in st?

The crash has come up a few times:

        https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1707/31965.html
        https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1610/30710.html
        https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1612/30836.html
        https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1608/30245.html

Nobody seems to be able to pin down the way to break a working
system.

The "escaping the grid" has also come up at least once:

        https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1604/28689.html , particularly
        https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1604/28698.html

--
S. Gilles