Re: [dev] Privilege escalation on remote hosts. MANY remote hosts.

From: Josuah Demangeon <mail_AT_josuah.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:28:19 +0200

> Other people make different choices than you.

That is great.

> Imagine that! Especially if they have other priorities than you.

This as well, but I feel large side effects of these choice is being
hidden to the people that make them: the cost of maintaining
all of these different languages in a same system.

> P.S.: My stance is that whatever language gets the job done and works
> for the developers involved is best, and don't let people from outside
> the project convince you otherwise. I just noticed that all the
> languages I learned except C don't get the job done for me.

I want to stick to C both because I like it (matter of tastes), but
also because it is the language the system is written in.

If all we had was OS written in Lisps for hardware efficient at
executing Lisp, I guess I would learn to love Lisp and write
everything in Lisp for not raising the complexity of the system
while writing programs...