[dev] Re: [st] Unable to map Ctrl+$NUMBER

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 22:01:32 -0700

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 10:32:02AM -0700, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> When I press Ctrl+1 after making that change, the iso14755 function is
> executed as expected. I looked at the code that's responsible for
> handling key presses in both arrays, but it's not clear to me exactly
> what the problem is.

I dug into this some more, and this code is what's causing the shortcuts
to be ignored:

    if (i == LEN(mappedkeys)) {
        if ((k & 0xFFFF) < 0xFD00)
            return NULL;
    }

For whatever reason, kmap is written so that anything that falls below
0xFD00 will never make it to the for loop that looks up mappings in the
"key" array. I'm not providing a patch because I don't know what the
rationale behind this decision was, and my personal copy of st is very
out of sync with the upstream repo.

Eric