Re: [dev] [surf] [patch] strip uri leading whitespace when ctrl-p

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:42:39 +0200

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:36:15 +0200
Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space> wrote:

Hey Quentin,

> There's enough pollution on the list.

that's true, but it was a genuine question both Kamil and I had, and it
served the question. If GNOME for some reason had an internal
ref-counter for objects allocated with g_strdup(), we might have looked
at the patch a bit differently. But, as expected, it's just more bloat
from the GNU-crowd.
It is important to factor out harmful concepts like these. Everyone who
read the thread will now think twice about using a GNOME function when
he's confronted with it.

With best regards

Laslo

--