Re: [dev] [dwm] Crash with emojis on title bar

From: Cág <ca6c_AT_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:50:17 +0000

Laslo Hunhold wrote:

>> Pango is a much heavier library than Xft, so I would be surprised if
>> Hiltjo was suggesting that was use Pango.
> I'll give Hiltjo the freedom to share as much as he desires about what
> he's doing, but "maybe" he was talking about a solution that is
> developed in-house.

Or maybe the solution is to not use any of these font rendering
libraries, as it was some years ago before the Xft patch was merged?

That leads to another question: is the problem with fonts (OTF/TTF)
or libraries themselves? I see a lot of people in the community using
bitmap fonts in WMs/terminals exclusively; even the screenshots page
is a Terminus/Fixed kingdom.

--
caóc