Re: [dev] [dwm] Crash with emojis on title bar

From: Igor Fontana <rogi_AT_skylittlesystem.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 14:58:45 -0200

>> > I'll give Hiltjo the freedom to share as much as he desires about what
>> > he's doing, but "maybe" he was talking about a solution that is
>> > developed in-house.
>>
>> Or maybe the solution is to not use any of these font rendering
>> libraries, as it was some years ago before the Xft patch was merged?
>>

> There is no pleasing everyone.

i guess i can live without color emojis lol

really, i dont care about displaying emojis at all, i just wanted dwm
not crashing because of some :).

i agree that having dwm depend on some huge graphics lib is not desirable.

can anyone think of a way to catch and ignore teh error at least? i
managed to catch it on xerror(), and it prevented dwm from exiting,
but it remained unusable.

or perhaps substitute color emojis with black and white ones on teh fly?

<3

PS: im X11 noob

--
Igor