Re: [dev] [dwm] closing focused master window may move focus (unexpectedly) to stacked window

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:03:15 +0100

Hi

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:52 AM, hp.g <hp.g_AT_bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Not sure, whether this observed behavior is intended or whether it is a bug;
> anyway it irritates (at least) me greatly, because I would expect:
> - if the focus is on master and I close that master then
> - the new master should have the focus in any case
>
> What do you think?

The current behaviour is consistent. The window that had focus before
the one that is closed gets back focus (regardless of whether the
window is now in the master area or not).

To me this behaviour seems desirable. That could be because for me it
seems to be easier to reason about which window I focused before the
closed one than about which window will be the master after I close
the current one.

Cheers,

Silvan