Re: [dev] using vis (libtermkey) and netbsd-curses (was: oasis: small linux system inspired by stali)

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 13:53:07 +0100

sob., 24 lis 2018 o 13:16 Leonardo Taccari <iamleot_AT_gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Hello Daniel,
>
> Daniel Cegiełka writes:
> > [...]
> > vis works fine, however, there is a problem when I use ':!' or ':e *'.
> > I think that the terminal settings are not restored. Does anyone have
> > an idea here how it can be solved?
> > [...]
>
> At least on NetBSD-current vis-0.5 seems working fine (it is packaged
> in pkgsrc as vis-editor).

It works fine, because they don't use netbsd-curses but ncurses.

http://pkgsrc.se/wip/vis-editor
http://pkgsrc.se/devel/ncursesw

Here is described how they differ:

https://github.com/sabotage-linux/netbsd-curses
https://wiki.netbsd.org/curses_in_netbsd/

libtermkey requires ncurses. If you use netbsd-curses, the libtermkey
compilation will fail. I showed how to do it and use it vis without
having to install ncurses.

> I have also tried to skim for possible
> pkgsrc patches on dependencies but I think that there is not anything
> relevant for curses(3).
>
> I have also tried to the `:!' and `:e *' and they seem working (
> `:!', e.g. `:!dmesg', unlike at least NetBSD vi(1) (and more
> generally probably nvi) it seems to not wait for a key to be pressed so
> the dmesg message is then "cleared"; `:e *' opens vis-editor-menu with
> the list of the current files).
>

> Can you please elaborate further what happens?

# touch f1 f2 f3 f4 f5
# ls
f1 f2 f3 f4 f5
# vis