Re: [dev] Web development in C (or, C'ing clearly through the webs of bias)

From: Anselm Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 20:46:26 -0800

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 20:18, Zach van Rijn <me_AT_zv.io> wrote:
> Then I guess my concern is that, this level of discretion is not
> or does not appear to be used consistently in discussions that
> occur on the mailing list. I don't know of the IRC channel or
> elsewhere, but insofar as to the historical record, there's a
> lot of garbage in this community.

You can't expect this consistency on a world-writable unmoderated
mailing list. dev_AT_ has always been an open and kinda random list with
lot's of OT discussions and ramblings. Many people in the suckless
community tried to push it towards moderation in the past. Personally
I believe that dev_AT_ is kind of self-balancing, sometimes for the
worse, sometimes for the better. But I'm pretty much against
moderation.

If you only want to follow technical discussions, hackers_AT_ is supposed
to be the right place, but of course it does not have so many
subscribers as dev_AT_.

I'd like to see any consistent community mailing list -- I doubt they exist ;)

Best regards,
Anselm