[dev] [dwm] new release - transition from Openbox

From: Szpak <szpak_AT_reakcja.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 22:09:14 +0100

Hi.

I've been here for a while, mostly because of surf. And in general I like
"suckless" approach. But well, I've got a question about dwm. To make it
short:

**I've been using Openbox for several years. Is it worth switching to
dwm?**

I'm mostly keyboard guy so my crucial functionality is to use keyboard
shortcuts to: run particular program, switch desktops, switch windows,
move them, resize, resize half-screen (vertically and horizontally), 1/6
of screen (1/2 x 1/3), and similar.

Apart from that I don't use themes, decorations, menus,
status-and-whatever-bars, self-reorganizing windows, and so on.

The only additional window I use in Openbox is the one that shows me
window list while I'm switching them (Meta/Win+Tab). And I need a colorful
border around active window. I think that's it.

So, Is it worth it, and will it be harmless, or maybe even beneficial?

sZpak