Re: [dev] [dwm] new release - transition from Openbox

From: Szpak <szpak_AT_reakcja.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 14:51:52 +0100

>> Not all keyboards have a logo key, most of them have an alt key though.
>
> My keyboard doesn't have a win key.

I believe that. :) But it's not an argument.

I have one that even doesn't have some letters, but that doesn't mean it
has to be supported. :)
https://duckduckgo.com/?iax=images&ia=images&q=tracer+avenger

I understand that proper keyboard support is necessary to start using
system in the first place. But, still, I believe that nowadays keyboard
without logo key is a marginal case (probably even in suckless community)
- so it's not really important.

Different matter is that "typical" keyboard has already at least 8
modifiers key (2 x shift, 2 x alt, 2 x ctrl, logo, CapsLock). Which is
madness on its own. :)

And "suckless philosophy" doesn't really state what has to be supported
and what hasn't (which is actually good), apart from:
"focus on simplicity, clarity and frugality. Our philosophy is about
keeping things simple, minimal and usable."

So I guess "we" have to stick with our intuition and make some arbitrary
decisions. :)

Alt is fine. ;-)

Cheers
s/