Re: [dev] [dmenu] 4.9 segfault on input

From: Jordan Timmerman <skorlir_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 22:00:41 -0600

Hi Anselm,

I run the following script:

echo 'a\nb\nc' | dmenu

I then press Enter. The program segaults.

config.h is not modified (to the very best of my knowledge). I am
using the dmenu package from the Arch Linux community packages
database, which is packaged using the script you can see here:

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/dmenu

From skimming that script, I am fairly of the opinion that the
config.h is not being modified.

I am running the command using st 0.8.1 running xserver 1.20.3. I
don't know if any of that is helpful.

Downgrading the package to 4.8 manually solves this issue.