[dev] [st] IBus is not working properly in st

From: Wolf <wolf_AT_wolfsden.cz>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 23:31:23 +0100

Greetings,
I've decided to give a st a try but I've hit a problem quite quickly. It
seems that IBus input is not handled completely correctly. While trying
to input japanese inside rxvt-unicode (using IBus with Anthy), it shows
the prompt around the cursor (urxvt.png). While for st, the prompt is
displayed at the bottom of the terminal window (st.png), which makes it
hard to us.

I guess I'm not asking to get this fixed (since I can see it's probably
not a problem to the current users), however I want to know, if I put
together a patch for this, would it be accepted?

Thank you for your time.

W.
--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

urxvt.png
(image/png attachment: urxvt.png)

st.png
(image/png attachment: st.png)