Re: [dev] [dmenu] 4.9 segfault on input

From: Patrick Smith <pat42smith_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:17:01 -0800

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 12:47 AM Ivan Tham <pickfire_AT_riseup.net> wrote:
> By the way, Patrick. Why use anthy instead of mozc for japanese input? I
> heard anthy is a dead project (from arch wiki).

Further follow-up: I switched from scim+anthy to fcitx+mozc, and the
previous problems went away. Now (printf 'foo\nbar' | dmenu; press
enter) doesn't crash, and in (printf 'ふ\nば' | dmenu), I can use mozc
to select the second option. In the latter case, there is a
peculiarity; when the input focus returns to the (termite) terminal
window after dmenu returns, i3 still has the window marked as active,
but termite is displaying the cursor for an inactive window, and the
fcitx icon at the top of the screen is incorrectly indicating mozc,
not regular mode. But when I move the mouse out of the terminal window
and back in, both issues disappear.