Re: [dev] [surf] Bug: _SURF_URI and _SURF_GO sometimes won't update

From: Szpak <szpak_AT_reakcja.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 18:33:23 +0100

Hi Suleiman,

I can't reproduce your problem just like that (google.de → search →
redirection → copy/bookmark url). So mostly it works just fine, but
sometimes I notice similar behavior, which is incorrect url after
redirection (from duckduckgo in my case).

It's not very often so I don't worry much about that, but I have a feeling
that (at least on my machine) it's related to:
1. using proxy (privoxy or squid in my case);
2. unfinished page loading, which stops at some percent before 100, like
89% or even 40%;

The problem number 2 was already discussed here on suckless list a while
ago but I cannot find it now. Maybe someone else can confirm that it's
related or not.

Meanwhile try to reproduce bug without proxy (if you use any) and make
sure that your surf sources are the latest one.

sZpak