[dev] [st] Cannot redraw the screen properly

From: Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 12:12:18 +0600

Hi,

When using ST with tmux, I might split the termial which pushes the
original split left or up. Then there is a part of the bash prompt
right after where my cursor is. This behaviour is not reproducible.
Sometimes it happens on the old split, sometimes on the new split. As
I start to type the new characters replace the *ghost* characters!

Recently, I've customized my tmux statusline to show an indicator when
I press prefix button. So, in normal conditions, the statusline
doesn't show the indicator but when I press prefix, there shows up a
red box with the word `PREFIX` in it. Anyway, then when the indicator
goes away, it leaves a part of the word behind. This time it's not
full characters. In this case, it leaves of little bits and pieces.

The case with the tmux statusline is not that important, it shows only
bits of dots and dashes. But when it happens with the normal tmux
splits, it becomes bothersome. I can't ensure if the problem is with
tmux, since I cannot reproduce it every time, it's inconsistent.

Any idea how to fix it?

If required, my fork of ST is here: https://github.com/enanajmain/st

Thanks,
Enan Ajmain