Re: [dev] Pandoc replacement that sucks less

From: Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 09:06:39 -0700

On Mon 29 Apr 2019 at 02:53:10 PDT Przemek Dragańczuk wrote:
>Troff seems to be one of the better options. Luke Smith has some tutorials on using troff and groff
>here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-p5XmQHB_JRe2YeaMjPTKXSc5FqJZ_km
>
>For live previewing I suggest zathura instead of mupdf, since zathura automatically refreshes
>when it detects changes to the PDF file.

Thomas has markdown and wants pdf. Are you suggesting he convert markdown to
troff and then to pdf? The only markdown to troff converters I can find
probably suck more than the pandoc solution he's currently using.

Am I missing something?

And doesn't zathura use poppler, which is bloated and slow compared to mupdf?