Re: [dev] [dwm] Need help about gray windows of Java applications

From: Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 09:31:48 +0600

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 8:59 PM Markus Wichmann <nullplan_AT_gmx.net> wrote:

> Worse, the error is in a commonly used library for Java GUI apps (was it
> AWT?). Therefore, the application developers can't do anything about
> this. It's similar to the problem we have with libxft and colored fonts.
> Until libxft is fixed, we're just going to have to crash dwm and dmenu
> and st a whole lot.

I haven't got any clue, but I asked one of my professors and he said
he mostly saw this problem with Java Swing apps. But he also didn't
know where particularly the problem originates.

And by the way, I am a huge fool. `$ man dwm` has a nice entry at the
very last. I should've given it a read before asking for help. Will
remember to do that next time.

Regards,
Enan Ajmain