Re: [dev] Yet another C compiler

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 09:27:19 +0200

wt., 21 maj 2019 o 08:14 Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org> napisał(a):

> On 2019-05-20, sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sadly, gcc-4.7 does not have an aarch64 backend and it's a pain to
> > configure
> > without breaking anything.
>
> I wonder what the state of ARM/aarch64-4.7-branch is:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/branches/ARM/aarch64-4.7-branch/
>
> It doesn't look like this branch is exported in the git mirror, but
> maybe if I can figure out git-svn, I can merge it into my branch.

I think you should look more here:
https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/7.4-2019.02/
http://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/gcc-linaro/7.4-2019.02/

To my knowledge, they are the ones who are most responsible for
support for aarch64.

> The issue is for lower level code that can't be written in C, for
> example making system calls. I don't think inline asm will be too
> difficult to implement in QBE. For the most part I think it can be
> treated similarly to a function call, but with a special calling
> convention.

QBE should also emit asm for noexecstack by adding (for GNU as):

.section .note.GNU-stack,"",%progbits

more info:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/GNU_stack_quickstart

Daniel