[dev] Worse is better: Plan9 and Linux?

From: Peter Wiehe <peter.wiehe2_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 19:58:54 +0100

Hi, fans of suckless.org and simple software!

It seems that you like Plan9 and dislike the Linux kernel. And you seem
to agree to "Worse is Better" which is presented here:
https://www.jwz.org/doc/worse-is-better.html
(I think "Better" is also called "It needs a tough cook/programmer to
make a chicken tender" or similar.)

But that seems to be a contradiction! For me Plan9 seems to be of the
"better" kind (Some effort was done to create a simple interfac) and
Linux seems of the "worse" kind (Minimal effort in elegant design).
("Better" and "worse" not judging but strictly in the context as
mentioned above.)

Any clarification on this is welcome.

Kind regards
Peter Wiehe