Re: [dev] [ slstatus / dwm ] statusbar is not rendered correctly

From: <l.mail.n+sucklessDev_AT_protonmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:51:20 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 11:43 AM, Danh Doan <congdanhqx_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hello,
> > well setting with xsetroot a long content for the statusbar and shorten
> > it afterwards again works perfectly fine. Therefore I think the bug is
> > of slststus not of dwm.
>
> You can check your slstatus by running:
>
> slstatus -s

> Danh

Hello,

sorry that it took me so long to getting to test this.
I ran slstatus -s quite some time, piped it to a file and the output
was perfectly fine. Now I once again tested running xsetroot -name "title"
and it seems earlier I didn't test enough. Now the problem was present again.

Setting a long bar content and after that setting a shorter bar content cause
troubles and the old content isn't overdrawn correctly. Furthermore, the part
of the bar containing the window title of the currently active window isn't
expanded after setting the shorter bar content.

Best wishes