Re: [dev] Looking for irc client

From: Dave Woodfall <dave_AT_tty1.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 22:03:35 +0100

On 2020-05-18 09:32,
LM <lmemsm_AT_gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> Any recommendations for a good C/C++ irc client, preferably command
> line based, with minimal dependencies that supports SASL? Was trying
> to access freenode and it said I needed SASL support in my irc client.
> Thanks.

You don't need SASL to use freenode. It does simplify
identifying/login, but it's not compulsory, unless you want to use
Tor.

Other than that, you can use any client and issue:

/msg nickserv identify <password>

And that will identify you with services (assuming you want to
register a nick).

I prefer irssi, personally. It's stable and has been going for
donkey's years.

--
Dave