[dev] xmenu: a menu utility for X11

From: <phillbush_AT_cock.li>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 15:12:54 +0000

Hi, I wrote this utility that is based on dmenu.

It receives a menu specification in stdin, shows a menu for the user to
select one of the options, and outputs the option selected to stdout.
It support multiple xft fonts and icons.

I wrote it first as an exercise for understanding Xlib and dmenu code.
Some functions from dmenu's drw.c were rewritten and simplified.

You can find it here: https://github.com/phillbush/xmenu

It depends on Xlib, Xft, Xinerama, and Imlib2.

Xmenu got featured in a video from DistroTube:
https://invidio.us/watch?v=wMrdCbrQjnQ

You can bind it to open on right click on the root window using another
utility of mine: xclickroot (https://github.com/phillbush/xclickroot).
Or you can use dwm's ClkRootWin command on buttons[].

I would appreciate any comments or criticism.