Re: [dev] [dwm] Why not a seperate declaration header file ?

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 17:30:03 +0100

> Hi

Hi Hritik,

> While editing my config.h file, my linter is going crazy because it cannot find the declarations of the identifiers used in config.h. I was wondering the rationale behind putting all the function declarations in the dwm.c file itself. Wouldn't it make more sense to put all of them in a dwm.h file and include it in dwm.c and config.h ?

The config.h file is not a public header, this is just a separate file
for the easing of the user configuration.

All the necessary function declarations are correctly put in the source
file before config.h is included.

Either your linter is broken or you're misusing it, config.h isn't a c
file, it's a header.