[dev] another ssam?

From: Greg Reagle <list_AT_speedpost.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 12:36:44 -0400

I started trying pkgsrc today (I use Debian Stable). It's interesting. I don't know if it "sucks". It seems to be fairly sophisticated/elaborate, so maybe it is "heavy" rather than light. Anyway . . .

I found ssam in the editors directory [1] which seems to be maintained by Alistair G. Crooks. It looks like it was actually written by Alistair G. Crooks based on the copyright notice in the source files. I am guessing that it is a completely independent (reverse-engineered?) implementation of Structural Regular Expressions. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Has anyone tried it, or know how compatible it is with Plan9 sam/ssam? Plan9Port has an ssam too which is just a script to use sam.

[1] https://pkgsrc.se/editors/ssam