Re: [dev] Wayland compositors

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 13:43:10 +0200

On 21/09/08 12:28, Nick wrote:
> honest I found the arguments made there to be largely unconvincing,

Any argument in particular and why?

> * I'm thinking in particular of the repeated "emojis broke my st"
> mails, caused by a bug in Xft that noone upstream seems to care much
> about fixing, and the fact that surf is a really just a nice
> interface atop the hulking edifice of webkit2/gtk+

This is the fault of X developers, who decided to dedicate their time entirely
to Wayland. In their eyes, Wayland is the continuation of X.Org.

It is clear by now that Wayland is influenced by big corporations, RedHat in
particular, which is also forcing things like GNOME, systemd and Rust in the
Linux kernel upon the users.

Wayland sucks. X.Org sucks too, but it is still much better than Wayland.