Re: [dev] [st] wide characters getting cropped

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 02:00:04 +0600

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 05:31:15PM +0100, Страхиња Радић wrote:
> (for example, if a simple "cat /some/file" for a multi-line text file
> has a delay anywhere from 500 ms to a second or two between the output
> of individual lines, when not dependant on factors such as reading
> from a network of a faulty hard disk; that would just be annoying, but
> still usable).

You're correct, cating some file is not something that needs critical
speed. But that's not what I'm talking about when I say "latency".

I'm reffering specifically to "input latency" or "end-to-end latency",
which is the delay between a physical input (in this case key-press on
the keyboard) and it's output (in this case the key-press being
rendered).

- NRK