Re: [dev] sfeed: RSS/Atom parser and reader

From: Hadrien Lacour <hadrien.lacour_AT_posteo.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 09:19:19 +0000

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 02:54:24PM +0100, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to share my project I've been using and tweaking over the years:
>
> sfeed is a RSS and Atom parser (and it has some format programs).

Another thank for your project, which completely replaced newboat (and its
ridiculous asciidoctor and thus Ruby build time dependency) for me.

Some tricks that may be useful:
* Use `no_proxy=* feed ...` to disable curl proxying, useful for those
  Cloudflare websites blocking Tor.
* Here's a wrapper around sfeed_curses to conserve the feed order from your
  sfeedrc: https://git.sr.ht/~q3cpma/scripts/tree/master/item/sfeed_view.sh
  (only the logic of overriding the feed function together with eval should be
  "extracted" from this).