Re: [dev] [dwm] Incorrect resolution when turning on dual monitors

From: Pontus Stenetorp <pontus_AT_stenetorp.se>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 12:50:50 +0900

On Sat 07 May 2022, Yan Doroshenko wrote:

> Not sure if this is of any help, but I was having troubles with DWM on
> two monitors as well, one screen was not recognized by DWM.
>
> A 1 second delay before running my screen layout script was enough to
> fix it, here's an explanation:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/xrandr#Setting_resolution_from_.xinitrc_doesn't_work

Is the “right way” (tm) to do it not to set things up in your Xorg.conf though? I am assuming that your errors have something to do with the state of X when dwm is started, thus surely the way way to solve it should be to ensure that X is in the state you want *before* dwm is launched, no?

I know the Xorg.conf syntax and documentation is a bit of a mess, but I have never encountered any issues interacting with a WM once I got it configured.