Re: [dev] I made a bluetooth-control-thing

From: Ethan Marshall <lists_AT_ethanjmarshall.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 19:39:14 +0100

On 16/06/22 04:33pm, David Demelier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is something wrong with the makefile because each time I type
> make it keeps rebuilding everything.

From having built it myself, I can confirm that change detection seems
to be broken for libsl/drw.c and all files in the libwdgt and sdb_bt.
Everything else seems to be working correctly.

> $ lbm
> X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 15 (X_QueryTree)
> Resource id in failed request: 0x0
> Serial number of failed request: 12
> Current serial number in output stream: 12

When I tried to auto-launch using .xprofile (which is ran before the
windowmanager but after xorg starts), I got the exact same error.
However, when I changed this in order to launch after the window manager
which runs the system tray, this error does not appear and everything
works as expected. Could this be something to do with incorrectly
waiting for a system tray to be available? Do you definitely have a
window manager which supports a system tray running?

        Ethan