Re: [dev] I made a bluetooth-control-thing

From: Stefan Mark <mark_AT_unserver.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 06:51:59 +0200

On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 19:39:14 +0100
Ethan Marshall <lists_AT_ethanjmarshall.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16/06/22 04:33pm, David Demelier wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is something wrong with the makefile because each time I type
> > make it keeps rebuilding everything.
>
> From having built it myself, I can confirm that change detection seems
> to be broken for libsl/drw.c and all files in the libwdgt and sdb_bt.
> Everything else seems to be working correctly.

I just had a look into this. I have no simple idea to make it better.
The Makefile runs make commands for every sub-project, thus the main
Makefile does not have to know anything about the sub-projects
Makefiles. Change detection "works" in the way that nothing is actually
build, but does not work because all sub-makes are executed.

> > $ lbm
> > X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> > Major opcode of failed request: 15 (X_QueryTree)
> > Resource id in failed request: 0x0
> > Serial number of failed request: 12
> > Current serial number in output stream: 12
>
> When I tried to auto-launch using .xprofile (which is ran before the
> windowmanager but after xorg starts), I got the exact same error.
> However, when I changed this in order to launch after the window
> manager which runs the system tray, this error does not appear and
> everything works as expected. Could this be something to do with
> incorrectly waiting for a system tray to be available? Do you
> definitely have a window manager which supports a system tray running?

Rats. I thought i had that, but apparently i don't :)
I have a look at it as soon as i have time (probably a week or so). The
whole systray thing is pretty tough, i seem to be unable to find good
documentation ("good" as in good enough for me).