Re: [dev] Suckless CMatrix clone

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 08:59:08 +0200

On Tue, 31 May 2022 08:35:11 -0400
LM <lmemsm_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Dear LM,

> On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 11:33 AM Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> > What functions do you need in the context of Tuxmath?
>
> From what I remember, it just needs to figure out where to do a clean
> break for text wrapping with internationalized strings. Don't believe
> it uses the other features of libunistring. I've personally been
> trying to avoid gettext and use a port/fork of BSD's Citrus Project (
> http://citrus.bsdclub.org/ ) for accessing the translated strings.
> Just need a way to break the strings up in the appropriate locations
> for wrapping text and displaying on screen. If I get that working, I
> can replace or at least offer an alternative to the libunistring
> dependency.

I pushed line-break-detection[0][1] just yesterday. The functions

        size_t grapheme_next_line_break(const uint_least32_t *, size_t);

and

        size_t grapheme_next_line_break_utf8(const char *, size_t);

should be just the ones you'll need, depending on your internal
representation. It will give you the respective next line break
opportunity.

After a bit of cleanup, refactoring and writing manuals for all
functions I'll tag a release.

With best regards

Laslo

[0]:https://git.suckless.org/libgrapheme/commit/0aaf3fcc7bb84fe97b8d75c9d5d14305d54d4dfd.html