Re: [dev] [surf] Ctrl-Y doesn't copy url to clipboard

From: Greg Reagle <greagle_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 11:52:32 -0400

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022, at 8:43 AM, Chris Weber wrote:
> When I start a blank installation of surf and try to copy any url into
> my clipboard via ctrl-y (as stated in the man pages), it won't copy
> anything at all. Is the man page outdated? Am I doing anything wrong? Do
> I need to install some userscripts for this?

"Ctrl-y Copies current URI to primary selection." according to my man page.

Are you using X11? If yes, I highly recommend that you learn the difference between "PRIMARY and "CLIPBOARD" selections [1], and learn how to use PRIMARY. Being able to copy and paste with the mouse without the keyboard is one of the joys of my using Linux rather than MS Windows. I don't use Wayland and don't know how it works.

[1] https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/ClipboardsWiki/