[dev] [st] st+vifm+nvim or st+mutt+nvim wrong terminal geometry

From: German Hammerl <hammerl_AT_fermikante.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 16:35:39 +0100

 Hi there,

 I am new to this mailing list and have problems to search the
 archives, therefore I dare to ask, even though this question may
 already have been asked and answered before:

 In vanilla dwm, by, e.g., starting mutt or vifm via

 st -e mutt
 st -e vifm

 I receive a fullscreen terminal window correctly displaying
 the content of mutt or vifm, but if I then
 open a mail in mutt or a file in vifm invoking nvim,
 the terminal geometry in nvim is acually that size
 of a single floating window of st, resulting in a scrambeled display
 of the mail or file in nvim. Ctrl+L will not fix the display, but
 only a switch to 'monocl' and back to 'tile'.

 Is there any way to correct the terminal geometry after
 opening the st terminal?

 Any help would be appreciated.

 Thanks in advance
 German