Re: [dev] Using ii to connect to libera

From: Tom Schwindl <schwindl_AT_posteo.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:18:41 +0000

Hi Sagar,

> I'm using
>
> ii -s irc.libera.chat -n foobar/j #kicad
>
> doesn't do anything.

I'm not aware that passing commands on the command line in this fashion is
possible. Additionally, what does "doesn't do anything" mean? Do you get output
after entering the command or does it look like it hung up?

You're aware that ii is a FIFO-based IRC client and does not provide an
interactive way of entering messages and commands by itself? You *have* to
either use the FIFO directly (via echo(1) and the usual suspects) or a frontend
which handles the I/O for you. lchat[0] might be interesting for you.
I'm sure you already know that, but I want to be certain.

[0] https://tools.suckless.org/lchat

--
Best Regards,
Tom Schwindl