[dev] [dwm] swallow without patching dwm -- or losing focus

From: Spenser Truex <truex_AT_equwal.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 19:42:04 -0300

Greetings,

I converted this swallow program to C, not that it makes any difference
at this code size. It's just a couple of malloc'd strings.

https://github.com/equwal/swallow-c--

I'd like to make it actually transfer the terminal's focus rather than
async open and hide itself. That way you get the program you opened in the
tag you opened it in, which is something I've been trying to do for a
long time in multiple window managers.

The author pointed out that "startup hooks" can do this in some window
managers, but I like the idea of not even having that be part of the WM
itself.

--
CAEE B377 FC82 BAF9 102C  D22F C5CE D003 1AA8 E281
Spenser Truex        https://equwal.com