Re: [dwm] considering Xresources as dwm configuration like larswm

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:04:47 +0200

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 05:46:10PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Actually I consider using Xrm as dwm configuration mechanism...
> (even if I hate it).
>
> I will think about it until tomorrow. Command line options are
> no alternative, because we cannot define rules with command line
> args...

Forget what I considered. There is a very good reason beside
simplicty uniqueness to other WMs to keep the code-based customization:

It makes no sense to learn yet another syntax. dwm users should
know at least so much C to be able to customize it for their
needs, that we can keep espeically novices outside. This is an
elitist wm ;)

Regards,