Re: [dwm] wmiimenu

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:28:46 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 12:10:55PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> Let's say that I really liked launching apps from wmiimenu. How would I
> go about customizing so that I could use wmiimenu within dwm?
>
> You launch every app from an xterm?

No, for the most frequently used apps like a terminal, a browser
and some other work-related apps I define shortcuts. I noticed
that I only ran exactly those most-frequently apps from wmiimenu
when using wmii in the past and no other app from the 3500
binaries in my PATH.

Many apps which are file related (like acroread, feh, etc.) I
start from a terminal in the correct directory (I don't use any
filebrowser for years, cd and ls are my friends and I beat every
filebrowser user with my navigation speed of using them).

Thus there is no need for wmiimenu in dwm.

However, you could reference following char** in KEYS definition:

const char *pmenu[] = { "sh", "-c",
"`ls -lL /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin 2>/dev/null | awk 'NF>2 &&
$1 ~ /^[^d].*x/ {print $NF}' | sort | uniq | wmiimenu`", NULL };

Regards,