Re: [dwm] dwm-0.9 / dmenu-0.4

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:42:03 +0200

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 11:06:01PM +0200, Tube wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 10:32:33AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> >
> > I created new releases:
> >
> > http://10kloc.org/download/dwm-0.9.tar.gz
>
> when e.g. starting a term in any tag/view/whateveryoucallit then
> changing to another tag/view/whateveryoucallit and then quitting dwm
> (M-S-q) the WM quits but X doesnt. you only can Ctr-Alt-BS kill X to get
> back to the console

How does your .xinitrc looks like? I suspect the program which
provides status text doesn't exits if dwm closes the pipe.

> and pls consider once more flipping through the tags/views/...!!!

As I already told, that makes no sense, because there is no
prev/next tag, because several tags can be viewed at the same
time. This is indecidable and all heuristics suck.

> but, after all, the executable is nearly as small as evilwm but far more
> powerful :)

The dwm source is definately smaller than evilwm, but the binary
is slightly smaller in evilwm, because evilwm has no bar and
status text handling...

Regards,